Jerusalem Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Jerusalem (5554) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 134 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Jerusalem is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Jerusalem was 461 and is comprised of approximately 49.9% females and 50.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Jerusalem is 34 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Jerusalem were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England.

98.0% of people living in Jerusalem speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Jerusalem is 32.7% No religion, 25.5% Uniting Church, 10.2% Anglican, 9.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.1% Catholic, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 2.6% Baptist, 2.4% Lutheran, 1.7% Eastern Orthodox, 0.9% Salvation Army.

57.5% of people are married, 26.6% have never married and 8.9% are divorced and 2.8% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Jerusalem.

50.5% of the people living in Jerusalem over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 37.7% are working on a part time basis. Jerusalem has an unemployment rate of 4.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Jerusalem are 21.9% Technicians & trades workers, 12.9% Labourers, 12.4% Sales workers, 11.4% Community & personal service workers, 10.9% Professionals, 10.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.5% Managers.

The main industries people from Jerusalem work in are 14.4% Health care and social assistance, 13.4% Retail trade, 11.4% Construction, 8.0% Education and training, 8.0% Accommodation and food services, 7.5% Other services, 6.0% Manufacturing, 6.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.5% Transport, postal and warehousing.

33.3% of homes are fully owned, and 52.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $498 per week and the median household income is $939 per week.

The median rent in Jerusalem is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1086 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Jerusalem postcode 5554

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Truro 5356 -> Mid North -> South Australia